Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A First Tooth and More!

This week we were so excited to find that Dakota has cut her first tooth! She'd grabbed my finger, stuck it in her mouth, and chomped down. I was surprised because it actually hurt, did the whole "Ow!" thing, and pulled my finger out. Then it actually registered that there was something other than just hard gums in her mouth. I did the double check and found her tooth! It's on the bottom in the front, and it's sharp. I can't believe that she's got just the tiniest bit of her first tooth coming through already, but then I look back and realize that she's five and a half months old, and it's not that surprising. Dakota is taking teething very well, for which I am extremely grateful, I know that many don't handle it well, and it's no wonder, teething hurts. But she's also learned how to grab her teething ring and bring it to her mouth, so she doesn't mind much anymore. I'm especially excited, she's blonde! It's a dark blonde, but she's definitely a blonde! Her hair has finally grown in enough that we could get a clear look at the color of her hair. She's just a joy to spend my day with, I love being a mom.
Well, we're seventeen days away from the wedding, and things are slowly coming together. I've got a dress fitting next Tuesday, and an appointment to figure out my make-up for the big event. The last couple of days I've been having a hard time getting to sleep, I just can't seem to make my mind shut down. I'm just so excited, I can't wait for everything to happen, at last. My plan is to get Chad's feelings two weeks before the wedding, and post them here, but I don't know how easy that will be, he's always so busy. Either way, I know I'm excited, and I know he's more than excited to finally be getting married and completing our family for good. We'll have tents, trailers, and motorhomes all out on the beach, so if people need places to stay, there will be a few extras. Chad and I have two nights at The Sea Venture Resort reserved, which I think we're both excited about. There is a private spa on the balcony, a delicious breakfast is brought to us every morning, and it just looks beautiful. This weekend Chad and I will have his "step-daughters" here to go dress shopping. I might have to change my wedding colors, but luckily there isn't too much to change. I would like to do white/peach, but I may have to do white/green. Either way, at this point I'm ok, just as long as we get it all coordinated. I'm just ready to have things all set and be able to relax for a few days before the wedding. I'm still waiting to get some RSVP's, which we need to have so we know how many tables/chairs to rent. So until I get all those done, I'll be a little extra stressed, but it'll work out, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Clovis, CA, United States
Chad and Ashley met in August of 2007 in Pismo Beach, CA, but the time just wasn't right for anything more than friends. By the end of October a relationship was started, and by Christmas a family was being planned, even though they weren't even engaged yet. They found out they were pregnant Jan. 25, 2008, and September 30, 2008 Dakota Lyn Snavely was born at 4:21am. On March 28, 2009 Chad and Ashley were married in Pismo. They are now expecting a baby boy June 15, 2011. The family lives in Clovis, CA.