Friday, March 20, 2009

One Week to Go!

I feel like I'm about to lose my mind! A week from today (Saturday) I am going to be Ashley Nicole Snavely. I. Can. Not. Wait. Chad and I are so excited. We're getting all the details finalized and picking up the last pieces of decorations and stuff, and on Wednesday we'll be headed off to Pismo, and when we return...we'll be married!!! Despite having been married already, I'm so excited to finally be spending the rest of my life with the man I love more than anything. Our little family is finally going to be legally complete. The only thing I'm not sure about are my two furry kids. We'll be gone for a week, their litter box is going to be disgusting when we get back. We have an automatic cleaning one, but the motor on it isn't working, so I've had to treat it like a normal litter box and clean it every day. I'm not looking forward to how it's going to be after a week. Anyway, I'm picking up my dress today (YAY!!!) and taking care of some of the simple beauty things (eyebrows for one). At least, that's the plan. I'm exhausted. Dakota was having some major trouble sleeping last night. She went to bed at 8:30pm as usual, but instead of sleeping until 7:00am, she woke up at 1:00am, and again at 3:00am. I think her new teeth are starting to hurt her more than they were. She was just so fussy, and nothing I could do seemed to help, except to hold her and cuddle. I gave her some baby Tylenol, and turned the fan on in her room in case she was too warm, gave her a bottle at 1:00am, but just played with her a little at 3:00am. Chad had a major migraine yesterday (even after going to the chiropractor), and so I turned the baby monitor off in our room, and came to sleep on the couch so he could sleep and not hear her cry, but I could still get up with her if needed. It didn't last long. He came out at around 4:00am because he heard something outside and went to check it out. We've had some recent burglary to our cars, so he checks everything now. He told me just to come back in to bed, there wasn't any difference for him whether the monitor was on or off, he'd hear her either way. So far, she just seems tired today, but I'm watching her very carefully. I just hope she isn't sick and I'm missing the signs. She doesn't have a temperature, but I just can't figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey ashley, I added you guys to our blog..ours is www.scottandmeganwilcox.blogspot.com good luck with your upcoming wedding, cant wait to see pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley we are so excited for your wedding this weekend. We also have a blog at jaredandamberfamily.blogspot.com check it out.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Clovis, CA, United States
Chad and Ashley met in August of 2007 in Pismo Beach, CA, but the time just wasn't right for anything more than friends. By the end of October a relationship was started, and by Christmas a family was being planned, even though they weren't even engaged yet. They found out they were pregnant Jan. 25, 2008, and September 30, 2008 Dakota Lyn Snavely was born at 4:21am. On March 28, 2009 Chad and Ashley were married in Pismo. They are now expecting a baby boy June 15, 2011. The family lives in Clovis, CA.